Drama Cats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drama Cats Draenor EU

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application - Araka, Shaman

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainei

Application - Araka, Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Application - Araka, Shaman   Application - Araka, Shaman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 1:28 am

ABOUT YOU

Name (or what everelse we should call you):
My name is Helena, but on the internet and ingame I'm commonly reffered to as Rain Smile

Where are you from?
Sweden

Any other funny/interesting/disturbing things about yourself that we should know?
I like Tauren butts Smile

ABOUT YOUR MAIN CHARACTER
*I'm applying on an alt.

Char. Name: Araka
Char. Class: Shaman
Char. Spec: Restoration
Armoury Link: Look up Araka on the Battle.net forums. My main is Rainei, in case you want to look her up as well.

GENERAL

What do you like doing ingame (raids, pvp, level alts ect.)?
I do raiding on my main 4 nights a week. My favorite thing to do in game is to hone my skills, and now I have found a nice chemistry with my shaman. I feel like I want to get into raiding on it too, but not as seriously as with my main. They are both part of my ultimate goal, to be the best healer and raid-team member I have the potential to be.

Are you applying mainly as a chatty social or a raider? (you can always change your mind about this later)
A raider. I'm very social though, just not very often Smile I'll be bubbly and chatty during raids, but my attention is often required elsewhere if I have no specific engagement.

Do you know anybody currently in Drama Cats?
Nope.

Where did you hear of us, and why do you think we are the guild for you?
I looked through the realm forums for a guild for my shaman and your recruitment post intregued me. I'm interested in getting to know new people as well, so I feel we can have a mutual exhange Smile

Anything else you wish to add to support your application?
My experience with my role dates back to 2006. Since then, I have never "quit" the game, only taken breaks for when it was truly essential that I spent every waking moment being productive Smile Now is not one of those times though and I feel I want to do what I love in game (Healing) as well as get to know potential friends.

I would also like to add that my fiancé and brother is interested in joining the guild on alts as well for the social aspect after I showed them your forum post Smile
Back to top Go down
Carina
Admin
Carina

PostSubject: Re: Application - Araka, Shaman   Application - Araka, Shaman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 2:10 am

Hii, and thanks for your application Smile

My main concern is that you allready raid as often as you do, and got another character and another guild as your priority.  Id be surprised if you manage to be available for extra raidnights (if we decide to be impulsive, like this week), stepping in for the guild in other activities, and so on. For you it might be an "alt-guild", for us its "home".

Our "philosophy" is that we first and foremost recruit guildies regardless of ilvl and exp, based on personalities, interests, attitude and team spirit. Then we make raidteams from that. Recuriting 1-3 alts and give them raidspots that could of been for people mains, feels abit "off" our guilds way of thinking.

Socials are always welcome though, and we are very welcomming in our flex raids Smile

I have never spread my characters over several guilds, so I might just have the wrong impression how how this works, and if it works well. Maybe you, or anyone else with more experience there, could shed some light? Smile
Back to top Go down
Rainei

PostSubject: Re: Application - Araka, Shaman   Application - Araka, Shaman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:19 am

There seems to be a clash of philosophies then.

I've raided with several guilds at the time in the past. It's the way I love to play the game and the more people I can share this experience with the better. I feel I fit the description since I do not care about ilvl, experience or even progression in this case. I am simply a person that wants to raid and meet new people. From your description it seemed like it would be a fit, since your schedual could be random at times you could take me along if you needed me and I have time. Of course people who don't have other engagements go before me, I get that. If I wanted to join a guild and raid seriously On this alt I wouldn't apply here. I haven't been part of guilds who are mainly social before, so I wanted to try and see if I like having that kind of extended family, because I usually see my guilds as such. Even if I'm in 2 or even 3 different ones at a time. I'm a bit "polyamourus" when it comes to guilds Smile

I read between the lines that there might be the issue of loyalty as well. I've noticed some guilds are harder on that than others. If that is the case then I'm disqualified by default - people like me are simply not something you want to have around. I'm as loyal to the guilds I'm in as they are to me, but not all people think that's a fair deal. Of that I have... Rather gruesome experiences.
Back to top Go down
Wäaggh

Wäaggh

PostSubject: Re: Application - Araka, Shaman   Application - Araka, Shaman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am

smells like a good egg, I like Tauren butts too !!! woohoo thought I was the only one .. I like Dranei tails .. how they wiggle .. very hypnotic ..

Anyways, checked you out (not pervy lol) but looking at activity and raid exp, gear etc, doesn't appear like your looking for a alt guild, just another place to meet people - and from the tone of your voice seem like a nice person too! But that's just me two pennies worth xD

agree with you tho Kitty 100% with what your saying, but there is a few ppl out there, that like playin in multiple guilds for the social aspect. (then the elitist plyr who wants as many boss fights per week as possible regardless of friends etc lol)

I know people who play, who have a couple of guilds running, its just a way of social chatty peeps, being able to keep involved socially with several groups of friends, rather then putting all your egg's in one basket and cutting off ties to one group to move into another group, just another way for how some, like to interact socially and it works for them Smile

BUT, its not my judgement call, just thought to say my thoughts  Very Happy 

Waaggh x  afro 

p.s. Rainei, if you want some friendly tips or help with your gear and spec, w/me in game and can give you a hand if you like or at least show you where & how you can "pimp your ride" lol
Back to top Go down
Carina
Admin
Carina

PostSubject: Re: Application - Araka, Shaman   Application - Araka, Shaman Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah, maybe there is a "clash" here? We got several people that has alts in different guilds, different servers, and even some that play alliance (  Shocked  ), so that's not a big deal. These are on the most part not a steady part of the ten man tems though (apart from maybe 1-2 exeptions?). If thats even what you meant with loyalty? No reason to be offended. Im just asking questions out of curiosity, sharing my initial thoughts Smile

In your application it looked as if you were applying as a raider, not "just" a social who comes along whenever we dont have full teams, as stated in your last post. You also said you would probably be elsewhere unless having spesific asignments, leaving me to think you werent looking for a place to just "hang out". I probably misunderstood that then.  

If youre applying as a "social", then ofcourse you are welcome. As allready stated in my first reply  cat 

In the case of steady raidspots, I would recomend to look elsewhere, not just because I'd like keep raidspots for mains, but also because I dont even know where to put more healers then we allready got. You dont happen to tank on that shammy of yours?  Cool

GM be slackin'! He should be in this thread allready!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Araka, Shaman   Application - Araka, Shaman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Araka, Shaman
Page 1 of 1